Friday, January 20, 2012

PETRA = ROCK


According to Wikipedia… “Petra is a feminine given name. It is a feminine form of Peter, which is derived from the Greek word "petros" meaning "stone, rock".”

I’m Casandra Rock, the owner and founder of Petra. Petra is a special occasion dress boutique in Port Washington, Long Island, NY. I was born and raised on Long Island and have come back to my roots to build a business and a future.



As a Georgetown University graduate, I began my professional journey in NYC in 2006. I worked for a small (2 full time employees) software start-up that produced computer based learning for major clothing retailers. After just a few months on the job I realized I’d rather be working for one of those big retailers and moved on to Lord & Taylor. I went through their executive training program and started working my way up the executive pyramid in their buying office. I loved every minute.

My life is on Long Island though and as much as I enjoyed the hustle and bustle of life in the Big Apple, I wanted to come back home. That’s what led me to Petra. One of my many roles at L&T was in the evening dress office and my experience there left a lasting impression, not to mention passion. So with all my training and my vendor contacts in my back pocket, I decided to build my own business and to devote my career to doing what I love.

Just a short 5 months after leaving the city, here I am in Port Washington. I’ve got the storefront, the merchandise, and the support of family and friends. Now it’s time to start connecting with the community, reaching out to people who want to partner and most of all, welcoming new friends as customers.



My hopes for Petra are simple. I want to provide women with clothes that they love at prices that they can afford.  When you have a special occasion and you want to look and feel fabulous, you don’t want to spend your savings on something you might only wear once. And you shouldn’t have to. I want to be able to help women find the dress that will make them feel like they’re red carpet ready without buyers remorse when they see that dress hanging in the closet a year later.



I invite everyone and anyone to share on this blog or to contact us directly. Let us know what you look for in a dress, how it makes you feel to dress up, what you wish for and can never find… any thing that’s important to you is important to us so let’s start to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment